Our vision is to provide the highest quality Christian education that prepares students for a life of service to God.
This is in line with that of Christian Schools Tasmania (the association that oversees our school).
Calvin Christian School partners with parents to grow every student’s unique identity, character and talents, and equip them to fulfil their God-given purpose in an increasingly complex and changing world.
At Calvin these values guide our daily lives:
- Love – First and foremost we are called to love others (John 13:34;1 John 4:9; Mark 12:31) and accept God’s love for ourselves (John 3:16; 1 John 3:1; Romans 8:31). Love is to look for good. We treat others with dignity because they too are made in Christ’s image (Gen 1:27). Because we love we forgive first (Mark 11:25; Ephesians 4:32; Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:9).
- Compassion – Even before we know someone we are moved by their circumstances and desire to extend resources and time to assist them (Luke 15:20; Matthew 25:35). We are prepared to act.
- Courage – We are prepared to step first, stand alone, and go where others are not (2 Timothy 2:16; 2 Corinthians 5:8; John 15:13). We encourage at every opportunity (Ephesians 4:29; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Hebrews 3:13).
- Generosity – We live generously wherever possible. We choose to bless with a little extra, go a little further, or stay a little longer (1 John 3:17; Romans 12:8).
- Diligence – We value the steady and constant effort to accomplish what is undertaken. We are industrious and not idle. We understand that work is worship, and that our effort is what makes the difference (Colossians 3:23). Persistence is a virtue (Galatians 6:9; Philippians 3:14; Proverbs 12:27).
In all we do, we aim to build people who are equipped and willing to cross the room to make a difference in the lives of others.
We Believe that:
- Christ is pre-eminent in the world and seeks relationship with us;
- Every life has purpose;
- School is an equipping ground for life;
- Education is for life not just vocation;
- Every student is gifted;
- Difference and diversity is necessary and valuable.
- Developing an individual's character is an essential function of a purposeful education.